Alone at the Altar

This Saturday I was supposed to be getting married ... yes please let that sink in. Let's skip the fluff this evening and get right into it; this upcoming Saturday on the twenty-third day of the ninth month of the year of two thousand seventeen I was supposed to be walking down the aisle saying "I Do". 

For some odd reason, I have always said my husband will be a Marine. There was just something about those Marine Corpsmen that I fancied God Bless America! I had dated a Marine in the past but this time it seemed like this was the one. I guess you can say I had a type tall, dark and decorated this would be my husband. I did everything I thought was supposed to do we found a place I made a home, I cooked, I cleaned, I tried to always keep myself up; stay sexy, stay beautiful, what could I do to keep him intrigued? was always a thought in the back of my head. I basically manipulated my life into a cookie cutter image of what I found to be perfect. Wow, a guy that loves me who rubs my back before bed, or runs my bath water after a long day at work, that runs to Starbucks at 10'oclock at night because I want a caramel coconut milk iced macchiato.

He proposed! you couldn't tell me nothing... I was about to be somebodies wife in the coming months. My mother spent thousands we had the church, the dress, the 14 people in our wedding party, the venue, the DJ, the catering, the hair, you name it mom bought it. Nothing was too good for her daughters special day. Planning that wedding was one of the most stressful things I have ever done; I had a wedding planner who was wonderful (I Love youHeather) but the whole thing was a mess. I had bridesmaids not getting along, vendors not acting right, groomsmen cutting up, family feeling left out. The wedding was a mess; the whole time I'm praying to God like "Lord why is nothing working out?  like, Lord, I am getting married we ain't shackin' no more! why are you not blessing me? where is all this favor? why is this not working out?" (By the way I talk to the Lord regular). I heard nothing. Still trying to make everything perfect just putting more and more lipstick on that pig. 

Everything came to a head a few months back when my then fiance' not only told me he had cheated with multiple women but also that he had had a child outside of our relationship. I felt crushed, I felt devastated, I felt abandoned, betrayed, I felt so exposed, so broken. I felt humiliated having to go tell vendors, family, and friends that on September 23rd, 2017 there will be no marriage. I felt lost. 

In my ignorance, it seems that I had fallen in love with a fantasy. I wanted to be a wife, I wanted to be a mother (eventually)  I wanted me me me! I manipulated my life to fit the fantasy I had created. Marine check, engagement ring check I created this list, not God I did it on my own. I never stopped to ask God what is your will for this situation?; I never stopped to ask God what is your will for my life father?  But we serve a good God my heavenly father is so good because through it all he was still there. The great thing about my father is that he lets us have our way; he gives us free will. Even though I was making my own plans the Lord already had plans he says in Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you...plans to prosper you and, not harm you plans to give you hope and a future. 

Did you read that? plans to prosper you, not to harm you. Even though the pain is real the emotions are real, the breakup was real, the calling off the wedding was real, the money spent was real, the disappointment was real - God said in his word he knows the plans he has for me. So I submit, let your will be done in my life Abba Father; your thoughts are not my thoughts your ways are higher than my ways father (Isaiah 55:8-9). I don't want to to be like the Israelites Lord wandering around for 40 years before reaching the promise land I submit to your will and your way Father.

I have gone back and forth all day about whether I was going to write this post or not; I didn't even know what to say. Even tonight at bible study my Apostle asked me how my blog was coming along and I told her "I don't write anything if I don't have anything to say". That is true but this is not the time to be silent; me not being open about my journey would be a disservice to those needing to really hear it. See in this season God is not allowing me to hide; I want to hide so bad.  I want to continue to smile, and look cute and say everything is ok when it's not; That is what I want but that is not what God wants, that is not his will for my life. So please I challenge to tear up your mental to-do list for your life and really ask God what is your will for my life Lord, what are your plans?
 Please continue to walk with me as I walk with him. 

- Daughter of a King





Comments

  1. Awesome again! Keep the pen handy Sis. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouragement - Cont. to pray for me
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the realness and rawness of your post. Going through something that almost breaks you and finding Good on the other side, what a feeling. Keep it up, ma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is faithful and if you surrender to Him, He will heal your wounds and give more you ever imagined; you just wait.... Stay strong. www.howtobecomeeasily.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im hold fast to that word that he will give me more than imagined - Thank you for reading Jakline !

      Delete
  5. This was very heartfelt post, God is gracious and faithful. He will walk with you in this hard time and you will get through it. Stay strong and believe in him, this too shall pass.

    xo,
    Jane | https://www.dailylifetalk.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so difficult a path, but I am thrilled that you are holding strong to your faith in the Lord. When my husband and I got together, we each laid a fleece before the Lord, without knowing the other one was doing it too. My fleece was that he'd buy me a meal; his was I'd buy him flowers. They both happened in only a few days. We knew that it was right. We were married within 13 weeks of our first date (which was just sitting on a couch talking). That was 18.5 years ago. I encourage you, when the time comes, to lay a fleece before God. It's such an important life decision. God's best husband for you is still out there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fact that you know what your God want for you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, your insight is excellent. The pain is real but it was a blessing to find out before you were married. I'm sure God has more in store for your future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coco I am so happy it was in Gods plan for me to find out before walking down the aisle - Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  9. Everytime you put another layer of lipstick on that pig the Lord answered your questions! Keep livin' life...God blessed you with a valuable lesson about awareness and what really important in life and whether you think so or not....you WERE listening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a valuable lesson was learned - Thank you so much for reading Lori :)

      Delete
  10. I'm so glad you found this out before you got married. This is just a warm up to the real deal. It will be much easier when it's right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I found out also- Thank you for reading Rachael

      Delete
  11. Loooooveee this! First of all I am on a spiritual journey, strengthening my relationship with God and I love how you talked about asking God what his will is and realizing that God's plan will override everything we have planned for ourselves. The good thing about this situation is at least everything came to light before the wedding! What if you had found out the day of or the day after! I feel like that would have been worse. God knows what he is doing! It's awesome that you're going to Bible study and have recognized your mistakes. I'm sure your next love will be true and pure if you continue to listen to God. Thanks so much for being so vulnerable and sharing this. I know how stressful it can be putting it all out there on the internet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren I really did not want to write this post- this was a hard one to publish. God has a plan in everything - Thank you so much for reading :)

      Delete
  12. What an inspiration you are! And I imagine it took a lot more to hit publish than it did writing that out but I'm so glad you did.. it's way too easy to fall in the path of perfection this is a GREAT reminder of our faith. Thanks so much for sharing and keeping going, girl.
    XX- Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know it may suck, and hurt at the moment, but believe that you have done the best decision at the time, from the information you had. And don't even try to think of what would have happened. you are a strong girl and someone amazing is somewhere out there for you, who will just walk into your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl the pain was real ! but my God is too - thank you for reading !!

      Delete
  14. Great read, you have a gift with writing. Although this sucks so much, you will come out stronger! Thank you for sharing this....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this post made me stronger it was so hard to say these things out loud- Thank you for reading Thena

      Delete
  15. I so feel your heartbreak but I am encouraged that you are leaning on God to get you thru and lift you up. I know He has better things and the best spouse still in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa thank you for reading - I am sure the Lord will bring someone in due time

      Delete
  16. Thank you so much for sharing. I wrote about my broken engagement a while ago. Here is the link if you'd like to read it. I will be sharing your post. Great post. https://faithtoraisenate.com/a-few-lessons-i-learned-from-my-broken-engagementwedding

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I will be adding you to my regular reading list. Good stuff. I like your writing style.
    I also have a blog but my focus is different. Check it out if you'd like: https://femalecomplexities.wixsite.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy thank you for taking the time out to read I really appreciate it - I am new to this whole blog thing but God has really been directing my steps. I will take a look at your blog - again thank you for your support

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sis, Take Several Seats.

Don’t Be That Person