Are you afraid of the dark?

Fall is finally here! Hallelujah!!! Bye bye summer I will not miss you at all! I am team over it; I am over the sweltering heat, I am over the humidity, and most of all I am over all those pesky little mosquitos. Fall is here and I feel like moonwalking through a pumpkin patch; someone grab me a pumpkin spice latte (children's temperature please). 
With everything I love about fall, I do not like Halloween. Growing up I was never allowed to celebrate Halloween; but I never pitched a fit over it because I was a scaredy cat. I never understood why people wanted to dress up like monsters, creepy dead people and the worst of them all clowns. I have always had a fear of clowns, and the recent revamp of the movie IT has not helped the least bit. Psychology Today describes fear as a vital response to a physical and emotional danger. Fearof.net compiles a list every year of phobias Americans have; some of the top ranking fears on the website were the fear of flying, snakes, small spaces, heights, and spiders. Fear is real I understand that more than anyone a few months ago I almost abandoned my apartment over a brown spider the size of a quarter I GET IT! (true story)
But even though you and I have legitimate fears; we also have dominion and power over every fear no matter how big or small. In Genesis chapter 1 verse 26 God said "let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and every creeping thing that creeps on the earth".  Did you hear that? God has given us as his children the authority to tread over our fears, with the promise that none of them with hurt us ( Luke 10:19). Our father is so good to us, he tells us in his word that we are not to fear because he is with us, but not only is he with us he tells us he will strengthen us, and that he will help us (Isaiah 41:10). There is nobody like our God, he is so good to us. So the next time I see a silly clown, or an itty bitty spider I am going to face my fears because I have dominion and power over them. But the best part about it is even if I do get scared it is ok because my God is with me, and he will never leave me or forsake me. So I challenge you going forward face your fears; cast them down and find comfort that God is always with you. 
Please continue to walk with me as I walk with him.

- Daughter of a King  


Comments

  1. Wow!!!I am truly enjoying this journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for walking with me - I appreciate all your support !

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Alone at the Altar

Sis, Take Several Seats.

Don’t Be That Person