Your Voice Is Needed



Wow, It has been a while since I last posted. I sent my last post out and closed my browser window and I have not stepped back to this space since Oct 2019. It has been 30 months, 941 days, and 134 weeks. That is a long time, and before that, I had taken a break for a long while. Today I woke up and decided I am back.

So much has happened in the time since I last posted love, loss, births, burials, a pandemic, insurrection, inflation, victories, and defeats. I was quiet for a season or two (or more let’s just be honest), but in understanding, and processing, I believe that maybe it was just my season to be quiet, and guess what THAT’S OK.

 

The word of God reads in Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 (ESV) For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven:  a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;  a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;  a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;  a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;  a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;  a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.

 

Sometimes, I personally get into a space where I feel as though my quiet thoughts need to remain just that my quiet thoughts not to be spoken or expressed, or shared. To avoid conversation or conflict, I have in the past kept quiet thoughts tucked away under lock and key; thinking it was best to just keep to myself.  I am learning that my quiet thoughts are very powerful,  that once verbalized, my quiet thoughts can be found as a source of encouragement, or strength for others who may have the same thoughts and questions as, I.  

Someone the other day told me in passing “wow you are so photogenic”. Of course, I said thank you but it had me thinking. It is so easy to be a pretty face, but what substance is found intellectually is what is most important; looks will eventually fade (yes I know black don’t crack...you know what I mean). What is most beautiful is your thoughts, and how you use those thoughts to evoke change. Just like those ads seen on the metro where it states “if you see something, say something” that is exactly what I am going to do, I plan on speaking boldly, and with authority. *Singly loudly* “I will never be bound again I got my liberty I’m finally freeeeeee” ( Song reference: Never be bound by Bishop Paul S. Morton) …. Don’t mind me, y’all know I’m a little churchy. 

 

I believe I have come into a space where I feel free to express myself openly and will use this blog as an outlet to do so. My words have power (yes, I just said that out loud to myself).  This space is a free space. I am a believer and most of my blog posts will have a scriptural foundation or reference, but this blog is open for interaction, and dialogue. Fearfully and wonderfully made it is targeted at millennials, moms, women, men, teens, believers, non-believers, victims of domestic violence, single parents,  those struggling with addiction, depression, comedians, and critics. There will be a little something for everyone over here. This is a safe place where I will (or we will) process different topics, emotions, and current events. 


Since it has been a while, allowing me to reintroduce myself, I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I am a daughter of a King. I have loved, I have lost, I am divorced, I am single (and ready to mingle lol), I am strong, I am smart, I am beautiful inside and out, I am resilient, I am an overcomer, I am integral,   I am an intercessor, I am a giver, I am servant, I am funny, I am, Kind, I am compassionate, I am a truth-teller, I am navigating this thing called life just like everyone else. In this space, I am going to keep it 100 with you all on how I am feeling about something with full transparency. These will be my thoughts, and my thoughts only on how I see things. I am human. It is OK to disagree with me, it is OK to have questions, it is OK to expand on a thought you might have in the comment section – but in the end, I am free, and I am going to be free, and this is a safe place for you to do the same. If this is your first time reading my blog, go and take a look around at older posts. I want to keep those posts up and available to read so I can remind myself during this journey of the growth and strength that have come from those previous chapters in my book of life.  I have no preplanned topics. We are just going with it. My posts will all come from an organic place of transparency. I will type, and talk about what’s on my heart and what is in my thoughts…. So get excited and buckle up for the ride.

 Thank you for reading. 

 

-                                Tameka 

Comments

  1. Zandra RichardsonMay 4, 2022 at 11:59 AM

    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Stuff! Welcome back

    ReplyDelete
  3. In times like these we need The raw truth, honesty, in a loving but, real way. We all need an outlet to express ourselves, to be transparent, yet tasteful manner. People are feeling trapped, stifled, unloved and unheard. This is your God given gift, and with Him, the sky is limitless and the miracles He can and will perform, through your obedience. Thank you for answering the call, to provide a safe place where we can connect and feel like family. I am always proud of you. Much love and Blessings!
    Launarene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it ❤️ I’m here for it ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome 💯❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Alone at the Altar

Sis, Take Several Seats.

Don’t Be That Person